Thursday 24 January 2013

A Dream Dreamt Twice

Out of nowhere. This is something I wrote last night for a contest on allpoetry.com (great website). What I am trying to get across is, the little things in life that we don't expect or never think about are the things that keep life interesting. Running into someone in the halls at school, having your crush randomly talk to you, and of course dreaming... or maybe it was a nightmare. A dream dreamt twice, is a curse inside the blessed. Here it is, my poem.

A Dream Dreamt Twice
What is it like, to dream the same dream twice?
Each detail as vibrant as before, each road untraveled
Is it comforting to know what is to happen next, or a vice?
Does it leave you hopeless, or does it leave you dazzled?

Dreaming the same dream twice, does it make it a bore?
Each step taken, a step taken before
A carousel of madness, churning and turning
A fuse that shines through you, a fire that will not stop burning

A dream into a nightmare, knowing each mistake
Knowing what’s to happen next is a curse inside the blessed
Knowing nothing is real, everything is fake
Removing surprise is something to detest

A nightmare stitched into twice, leaving hopeless remorse
Loved ones falling left and right, I’ve seen it all before
Once was too many, twice is too few
According to this conscience of mine, it must be renewed

Tear out my heart, rip out my soul
Take away my being, bring forth my hell
A world without dreams is about to seize control
Infested with nightmares, eradicate and dwell 
 
 
Midterms coming up, you won't be hearing from me for a while. Maybe that's a good thing. 
 
Ciao.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! you better win or at least be high on the leader board for that! Don't be so down on yourself I know I love reading your posts. It helps me feel not so alone all the time and I relate to most of what you have said in the past

    ReplyDelete