Sunday 18 December 2011

King of Regret

 Welcome one, or welcome all. This post is a bit different. My other posts were posted on facebook, letting people know that a new post was up. but this one, no, this thing, will not be posted on facebook. Consider it an experiment, I want to know who will find this. And for those who do, I have a little something different for you. Instead of my usual topics, im going to do this.

So let me tell you a story in the form of a dream, I don't know why I have to tell it but I know what it means. So just sit back and read, and see the picture im painting for you


King of Regret
Standing in a wake of devastation
In an ocean filled with sadness and despair
Regret and patience fill my mind
Thoughts contaminated of her, Torn asunder
Alas I am impossibly alone

Dearest Portia, so innocent and tranquil, or so it seemed
Your resplendent beauty and grace has laid waste to me
And now I have become death itself,
A destroyer of life
Ti amo, the world is long gone.

Falling down, I look up to the skies
Contrast fading out, in plains of paper white
My eyes were focused elsewhere; I passed her in the night
The future playing out now, the past will overwrite

Come, let us make haste, time is of the essence
For now I understand my grave mistakes
Alas I am not the Prince of Aragon; I am the King of Regret.
My mistakes will be corrected through the purge of flames beneath my feet.

I am taking my last breaths, I finally realize that,
Sometimes, one needs to look in between the lines to find the true meaning.
Portia is as heavenly as gold, and as striking as silver, but my mistake lies within the void.
She was the rock upon which I stood, time to fall.
It doesn’t even matter anymore, I am already here.
Servant, it is time. I am done. The King of Regret will pay his dues.
But I guess we all thought that, one way or another.


Different, but like I said, I don't know why I have to tell it, but I know what it means. This poem I wrote will not be leaked onto facebook for others to simply click.

Now, I will be writing a second blog today with my actual thoughts, and that one will be posted, but consider this a an ancient mystery; those who seek it may find it, those who don't, will not.

4 comments: