Monday 13 February 2012

Held the Darkness Over Day, that Night

Hey, how's everyone doing this fine day? (or whatever day you may be reading this on)
So, tomorrows Valentines day. There's a lot more I could say about this day, but when it comes down to it I say let people enjoy it if they have that significant other to enjoy it with, and those who don't can make the day their own, enjoy it in their own way, instead of whining and complaining... something I have been notorious for over my lifetime. Come to think of it, a significant portion of my life has been spent looking for pity and compassion.... I've only realized in the past months that what I have been doing was just plain old pathetic, but that's okay. You live and you learn right? Don't regret things, just reflect, learn, and move on. These things build character ... or at least that's what a good teacher has told me.

Anyways, today's topic is going to be about a couple of different things. First and foremost, Valentines Day.... What I think of it (expanding off the intro), what other people think of it, why it is important, and why it has such an effect on peoples emotions.
So Valentines Day... lived through 17 so far, so why cant I live through another? The day itself is just an ordinary day, but it has been Westernized and thrown at us through consumerism(im not sure if that is the right term, please correct me if I am wrong). It emphasizes romantic relationships and Western 'Love' so much that it almost does the opposite in turn... people without someone to share this exclusive experience with feel intensely left out, unloved, and generally not important. Me personally, I have felt it makes you feel like a complete outcast in a sense. But lets face it, its just another day of the week. You can choose to make it special if you wish, but in regards of not making it special, just treat it like any other day... and if its too hard to do that make it special, just not through love if love is not possible. I remember 2 years ago, what I did for Valentines day since nobody showed the slightest interest in me, was I went paint balling, and afterwards went home and watched Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (fucking love star wars). Sure I didn't have a love to share it with, but I had an awesome Valentines day. Doesn't have to be about love, make it about you. Take Valentines Day, kick its ass, and make it an excuse to just treat yourself if you can't treat others. Another great option is Charity, I know plenty of people who have done charity work Valentines day... what better way to spend Valentines day, the day of love by definition, and share your unconditional love with those who could truly use it.
Valentines Day is by no means a holiday that should be missed or 'deleted', but In my opinion (like every single blog post, remember that, all my opinion. probably not right, but in my mind its what i think) I think that it should be viewed from different lenses...if you know what I mean.
Also, guys and girls, Valentines Day doesn't mean that it is one of the only days where you have to be romantic, you should always treat your significant other, like they are your significant other... I don't mean like over-the-top romantic 24/7, but you know everyone could benefit from some more romantic events and surprises, even if it is something little. The little things give you away.... i stand by this statement. you can give her the most romantic, expensive Valentines Day she has ever had, but if you don't have these little moments of romance and love every now and then... it might not last. By no means am I a relationship guru, but that's just my opinion. For example: say your girlfriend stays home sick one day, or is really stressed out, stop by, give her her favourite flowers, tell her you love her, and I bet you that she will appreciate that more than you would think. that doesn't take much effort, much time, or really much thought, but it shows that you pay attention to the little things, and that you even made an effort should show signs of commitment and passion.
Ok... done that spiel. sorry if i got off track. my minds all over the place (like usual), but this blog really helps me clear my mind. just talking about it, ironing out my thoughts and emotions, its nice. nothing bottles up inside this way.
Next topic... well its really a statement. my confidence has skyrocketed in the past few weeks... why? I really have no clue, but all of a sudden.. I just don't care anymore. Like of-course i still care about stuff... but I now look at it this way. Think about it. you could wake up, and literally do whatever the fuck you want... seriously. (sorry for the language) Want to go to Europe? make some money and go. want to kick ass at school or kick someones ass? work at it. want to finally ask the girl you like, out for a movie date? go for it, no one and nothing is stopping you... once i finally drilled that concept into my head, i just don't care about things i used to anymore. I feel like i have really matured as a person, just from understanding that i could literally do whatever the fuck I want. Live life like your jumping off a cliff and you only have so much time to pull out your phone and tell the people you love that you love them and say whatever is left unsaid and everything. Live life like you only have 200 pages to write about your life, better go out there and have some pretty fucking awesome experiences right? exactly. No regrets, just keep moving forward. you only fail if you don't get back up when you fall. so get back up, get back in life's face, and kick its ass.
This post... really didn't have a theme did it... sorry haha. my bad, i just kept typing. I haven't stopped typing since i started. straight, forward thinking. sorry if this post sucks, but this is what it is. appreciate it, hate it, dont have an opinion about it, don't finish reading this, stop reading after this sentence, whatever floats your boat. Im just happy to know that I can vent like this, and knowing that some people actually read my blog(and experiments) really helps to. I would like to thank everyone who has even set eyes upon this blog, yet alone read it and go even further and look for the experiments. each and every one of you kick ass. like me or not, im saying your pretty cool.
Also, im going to do something big tomorrow... we will see how it goes. one can hope.

ok so song of the day... this is a tough choice... I haven't really been listening to one sole artist or song for a while... my iPod hasn't gone off shuffle for weeks.... neither has my computer. One song that has stuck out for me though, is "Summer's End" by "The Foo Fighters" off their album "Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace." This album is easily my favourite album by the Foo Fighters, every song is just brilliant in my opinion. This song has stuck out for me because of the cold weather recently... With little snow mind you. In my opinion... if its going to be cold it might as well be snowing. this isn't even winter anymore, its like a cold fall. the trees are dead, the grass is green, its -3 degrees, then its 6 degrees... at this point I just want it to be summer already... this song reminds me of summer in every aspect. so here it is, I hope you enjoy it as much as i do

"Summer's End" By The Foo Fighters off their album "Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace"


again, i would like to apologize for the inconsistency of this blog, particularly this post. it is what it is though, like it or not, ill keep going.
But a gargantuan thank you to those who do like it and read it, helps keep it going. knowing that people are at least listening, maybe not agreeing or calling me a complete idiot or selfish bastard or whatever it is, but the fact that they are listening is something right?

Thank you for reading,

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment