Sunday 5 February 2012

Just Thinking out loud

Welcome back one and all to the show

So exams are done, and now a new semester is upon us. What will this bring? Only time will tell I suppose, but I have had a lot on my mind during the month...ish long absence from the blog. A lot of it is really simplistic, some of it depressing, some of it really obvious, some of it strange.. Readers will find out what I mean during the next couple of posts.  Just remember that I'm not trying to bum anyone out, I'm Not trying to be dramatic I'm just thinking out loud. So lets jump right in shall we?

Listen up... are you listening? are you just letting it enter one ear and sending it out the next? there is a difference between Hearing something, and Listening to something... I don't think that people know this difference. I just don't understand why... its not that complicated. Actually care about what someone is saying... because if they are making the effort to talk to you, and not just speak at you, the least you could do is listen, and care. this is another thing... do people know the difference between Talking to someone, and Speaking at someone? I find that this is what separates the music that really impacts people individually and the music that people just like. everyone has that one song that they love... well you should anyways... and for me its basically any Linkin Park song. but things have changed a lot with them. their first 2 albums (incredible btw) are really focused on heavy singing, riffs, rhythm, and more. but their recent 2 albums (also incredible btw) are much different in the means in which they present this style... They have matured and have learned how to sing to people, not at them. think about that... its hard to explain, but i hope you know the difference. this is the same context as listening to someone, and hearing someone, and talking to someone, or speaking at them.  If someone is making the effort tot talk to you, please listen and don't just hear them. respect their effort, and care about what they are saying... this doesn't have to apply to everything now, because not everything needs to be intently listened to, such as jokes with friends or whatever where your just having fun and stuff like that... but there is a time for everything. what sparked this topic in my head was a simple situation that i have seen far too often, but never really saw any meaning in it. here's a scenario that i was placed in. I was out for brunch with my Dad after an early work shift (like 7 freaking am) and beside us was this couple... the girl seemed like she was talking to him, seriously, expecting him to weigh in on her situation and give his support and care... and actually listen... this wasn't happening. the guy was on his phone, looking all around the room, genuinely not giving a ****, and giving one word responses like "yeah" or "ok" or "sure"... what was this dude's problem. across the table from him, was his gorgeous girlfriend making the effort to talk to him and spend time with him and care for him... he didn't give 2 ****s. Then it hit me... I thought to myself "I have seen this way too many times." I know that its a really dumb, simple concept, but its The little things that give you away. the big things in life aren't worth it. it's those small moments of awesomeness or sorrow that people remember and carry with them throughout life. it shapes who you are... in my opinion of course. I don't even know what to say about that guy, but I won't judge.... he could have been tired or not really interested in her anymore or something, but in general ive seen this far too much.. its a grotesque trend that i keep seeing... and this was at the beginning of January. I have seen this at least 3 more times after that, and countless times before. all in all, what i am trying to get at is listen to people, don't just hear them. talk to people, not at them. if someone is making the effort to talk to you, listen, respect, and care. that's all. say what you wish about me or this, but this is what I stand by.
this also goes with texting as well. pet peve of me and a lot of other people i know... don't you hate it when you send a long text and you get like 3 words back? same thing as above. effort made but not respected by the opposite. and when people take forever to respond ( i know people might be busy, but nevertheless it still sucks) and you respond much faster only to get a response 3 hours later... or maybe not at all... and that combined with the 3 word response... just hurts. again, just a text and people have shit to do but jumping out of a window and landing on a flat pillow won't help much.

I have at least another topic really forefront in my head right now, but I need some time to let it settle if you know what I mean. Maybe after some sleep I can process what I am thinking right now. Thank you for reading, and hopefully listening.

the song of the day has got to be the song I have been listening to like mad over the break and during exams. A Linkin Park song... an unreleased song that was supposed to go on their debut album Hybrid Theory but was not put on due to artistic difference from the rest of the album... I really hope that they officially release this song on one of their albums just as a bonus track or something.. because it is truly something special. it captures the essence of loneliness and winter perfectly... i just picture a dark, winter night where the snow is falling gracefully, slowly, yet heavily. i don't know, just me i guess. here it is, and i hope you like it
Linkin Park: My December (unreleased)


Thank you for reading... the new year will hold a lot of surprises, disappointments, and most likely... only a sprinkle of success... but thats all you need. life is about those failures, those bad experiences... it makes the good moments even better. thank you for listening, good night to all

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Props for the texting part. I absolutely hate that and feel the same way

    ReplyDelete