Sunday 26 February 2012

Swin Against the Tide

Hey
Welcome back :)
So, I got a lot to talk about... lets see how much typing this will take.

Also, I would like to address my frequent and excessive use of ...
For those who complain about it, its how i write. i have to take frequent pauses and breaks in order to process my thoughts. its like Emily Dickinson with her frequent use of dashes - and such. Nothing made her do that, its just how she wrote and how she thought. so there you go.

onward to me talking to myself!
well like many other blog posts, today's i think is going to be extremely disorganized. Sorry if its a **** to read, and also excuse my language ahead of time.

Well first, I read this quote in this article i was reading that I've seen many times before, and i am sure you, the reader, have also heard of it. its the quote, "If your going through hell, keep going."We, as humans, are constantly adapting to our situations and surroundings. chances are, you're going to look back on that and say, it wasn't too bad, or im proud of myself i was awesome, or i was strong. and it defines you. its a character builder... do things the hard way sometimes. nothing in life comes easy... well i guess some things are but that's more chance than anything. do you think that people become famous athletes because they were born to play that sport? no, its because of hard work and determination and passion and commitment. I bet there were some days where Sidney Crosby wanted to stop playing, or not work out and practice and train... but he did. and look how that paid off... keep going through hell. the prize at the end is worth the sacrifice. its like education... its never appreciated until after the matter. "I hate school"... 50 years later "i wish i would have tried harder in school so i could do what i wanted to do in life". yea school sucks now, but later it will be worth it and the benefits will outweigh the costs. Don't look down, don't look back, can't lose hope, can't lose track. it will all get better, at least that's what they say.

Also, i just saw the movie Act of Valor ... kick ass i recommend it to everyone. very surprising and inspirational... makes me want to fight for my country if the situation ever presented itself. Out of duty and honor, don't get me wrong not because i think it would be fun. i know the military must be hell... but i can't think of many things that are better than fighting for a greater cause and protecting the ones you love. It really surprised the fuck out of me... i went into the theater thinking it was going to be just another war movie.. but it really spoke to me for some reason..


Another thing that really grinds my gears... so to speak... is when people use the word "love" out of context or just throw it around like its meaningless... Love is a very powerful word... it speaks to people. Don't tell someone that you love them if you don't. Don't say that you do if you don't. Don't say it if you don't mean it you ignorant prick.
Also... off that point. Sometimes people really do mean to say something. but don't say it. sometimes... it can make you feel like a fool... and no one knows this more than me. sometimes, love is meant and maybe is the right word to use... but we stray away from it. sometimes, we forget to say to the people we love that we need them, and that we want them there. Nothing hurts more than not saying what you wanted to. Because if you don't say it, you may never be able to. you know what really sucks? When you don't tell your parents that you love them and appreciate everything that they do for you and then you might never be able to say that again....
and also applies for that special someone in your life. if you like someone, tell them how you feel. sure it might hurt, but nothing hurts more than wondering what could have been. no progress is made if no risks are taken. tell them that you need them, tell them that they are the world to you.. oh if i didn't im a fool you see... no one knows this more than me.
Also, why do girls always want what they can't have? (actually, fuck just girls. generally everyone) You know girls, you're wondering where all the great guys are in your life? they are right in front of you, in the friend zone, where you left them out to slowly crisp away in the hot, dry heat of the sun.
 same goes for guys.... want a great girlfriend that you really connect with? chances are, you won't need to search far, but yet we still search for societies idea for perfection when we all form our own idea of perfection... every persons being unique. accepting differences, and their benefits complimenting your imperfections, and your benefits complimenting their imperfections.
No one is "perfect". but someone is perfect for you, and you are perfect for someone. gravity, will pull you two together.

I'm pretty pumped... I got accepted to almost every University I applied to so far... including Brock my #1 choice! Just need to keep my marks up, and im in! such a relief. Brock has the best program in Canada for what im doing... so im pretty stoked about that. my program isn't like saving the world or anything... but whatever. do what you love, and what you love, will love you back. if you love what you do, you will be happy. if you love what you do, things have a way of working themselves out. my 2 cents to anyone trying to figure out what they want to do. just do what you love.


and to finish this article.... im going to state this. some of you might not like this.... but im going to say this. once. and. only. once. when i blog, i take what i believe or what i am thinking and i lay it out for you, the reader to interpret it or get some insight or make what you will about it. I know its probably not right, or whatever the fuck you want to say about it. but do NOT say that this blog is a mistake, that what im doing is pointless.. im trying to be bigger than the rumors, the petty name calling the categorization. I cant take this anymore. I enjoy feedback, good or bad. but do not try to direct this blog, don't tell me to stop. tell me what i can do better, because when it comes down to it i will continue to write this blog even if no one is reading it but me, because it brings internal peace in me.... don't tell me that im running on empty, don't try to start a fight with me, because i will be all too glad to accept. I'm taking the high road going about this though, i wont counter attack... just keep talking while i walk away. call me a sinner, call me a saint. call me an idiot, call me a genius. call me Tony, Call me Anthony. all the same to me. I appreciate compliments like everyone else, so don't think that i don't like it when people do compliment me or the blog, because i appreciate it so much. but do the opposite, call me something negative. ill appreciate it as well. don't try to attack me, because i will just turn it into a compliment and get even stronger. Freak? yea that's me, Geek? yup. Nerd? yup. good friend? i try my absolute best. Ignorant fuck? yup, some could say that. idiot? yup, im pretty dumb. smart? yea i have my moments. point is, im comfortable and confident in who i am and what i represent. I can say now that, i think i know myself pretty well. I have my true, awesome, best friends that have stuck by my side, and i have my values and interests that have not changed. I, am Anthony Francesco Mancuso. This is me. And I think that This, is pretty cool.

k....done. wow... what a rant. for those who made it through that... yea. sorry lol.

Today's song of the day is by Pearl Jam, off their recent album Backspacer. now really i could easily recommend the entire album, its a very easy listen, and really soothes the mind. but the song im going to post is Unthought Known.... yea you read that right. caught me off-guard too. really great sounding band and album... highly recommend.

Pearl Jam: "Unthought Known" off their album Backspacer


I hope some of you are listening to these songs... I'm really trying to expand peoples thought and views in music. because I can listen to a lot of different kinds of music, and respect every type. its all about artistic expression, and different bands and groups and singers and composers or whatever, all express themselves in different ways, which i think is pretty awesome. sometimes... i like to listen to songs without lyrics... just sound. music at its core. it really brings me back down to earth. maybe you do too.... who knows.

well... i apologize if you thought this blog was a waste of your time. and for those who liked it, i thank you as well. i thank anyone who even looks at the blog. it shows interest, good or bad. which is good for me.

I hope you all have a great rest of your weekend, and I hope that those who are feeling down, or sick, feel better soon :) You are all great, and remember to compliment people on some things... you know what happened today at work to me? some customer asked me where a product was, and i told him. and he stopped me half way through explaining where and said "you have an amazing voice! seriously!" and it took me completely by surprise... its moments like that... seemingly insignificant moments like that, that's why i live... little compliments like that make my day. so go tell someone something awesome about them!

that's all for today folks, thanks :)

Ciao









No comments:

Post a Comment