Sunday 6 May 2012

Home

I'm in Disney world at the moment, so the frequent posts I promised won't really start until I come back, which will be on the wednesday this week. So chill out, and relax :) I'm typing this from my iPod, late at night...very late so bear with me! I miss everyone back in Canada, and though not many people will miss me, I can say I'll miss them... Explanations why down below. Six feet under water.

Also on that note, with this new app I can blog on the go. I can blog at school, on the road, everything! Pretty cool. I'm making efforts to keep this blog frequent, because I have a lot to talk about.

I'm having a great time overall, the weather is amazing in florida this time of year. I love disney world, embracing that inner child-hood locked up inside me... Its hard sometimes, Especially when Sickness kicks in... But there are moments where i feel like a kid again. I cant think of a Better feeling right now... Except To be Home. Let's hope I come back to Canada with some tan eh?

Let's get serious.

It's incredible... Isn't it. I guess it's true, you don't really know what you got until its gone. Combining this trip with the Washington trip I did right before this one, I haven't had a nice home-cooked meal in over 2 weeks. I have eaten out every night, and don't get me wrong the food is great... But I miss the simplicity, the comfort of a nice, warm, home cooked meal; a meal that was cooked by yourself or by your parents. Nothing too fancy, but it's just right. In the goldi-lox zone just like planet earth, the perfect distance from the sun, not too far, not too close, in the zone where life can flourish; just like a home-cooked meal. Nothing too fancy, nothing too simple. Just right; and you don't really know what you are missing until you haven't had it for weeks. Hard to describe, but you know exactly what it is.
Not only food, but the familiar faces you see practically every day, the familiar setting and scenery that is bland most of the time, but when you have been away for so long it becomes something rather... Unique. Simple, yet gorgeous. Resplendent beauty. Your friends you haven't had contact for in a while, even the people in the hallways at school, passing that same person after class every day; that simple hello you acknowledge each other with every day, that security that binds us all together. That special someone you "like" and every time you see them you get butterflies in your stomach... Those ominous butterflies that you feel every day, that feeling that let's you know you're alive; the feeling is so suppressed until you can't feel it anymore, then it's just a nightmare. Even just the hallways I walk every day at school, those familiar walls that I always am confined by. It's somewhat bitter-sweet. I can't stand it when I'm there, but when I'm gone I miss it. A black and white print of a face,I'll never see again. Even though you may barely know me, its that comfort of seeing everyone almost every day... It keeps me alive. All I want, is to be home.

What is home to us? What does home mean? Is it where you sleep? Or is it where you live.

Maybe... Just maybe... Life is just a journey in which we are all just searching for a place, that we can call home. Whatever home may mean to you; home is the drive that keeps us all going, the rock upon which we all try to stand upon... Finding the right rock for us. That rock that, no matter how unique, no matter how bumpy, rocky, slanted, sharp... provides stability and balance for us. Warmth, no matter the weather.

Searching for a place, that we can call home...

Maybe, just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment