Monday 26 March 2012

One Way or Another

Hey

Sorry I haven't posted much this month... tons going on (even during the break).
I'm just going to talk today. Nothing special, just what is on my mind.

So Yesterday It was me Birthday, and I'm now 18. Weird stuff. I remember back when I was younger and I wanted to be older, and Now all I want is to be younger. I suppose we all think that anyways though, one way or another.
 I'm 18. I have been alive for 18 years on Planet Earth. I am now legally an Adult. What does that even mean? I still feel, look, and act exactly the same as I did before. It's weird.

I think I can speak for the majority when I say that we all want to be successful in life. What we want may be different though. What do we define as success? Money? Power? Doing something that you like? Easy work? A challenge? Making a difference? Fighting for your Country... In my opinion, we are all fucking clouded by what we think we want, and what we actually want. School tells us to do good, so we can make a lot of money and do a job that you actually want to do. That is great, and for the most part that is probably the best way to go about things, you know? Not closing any doors for your future.

But what about fighting for your country? What about the soldiers who opted to join the Military and contribute, protecting our freedom? Some soldiers join the military not because they will pay for their education, not because they aren't capable of anything else, not because it's their last resort, because they want to. They feel a certain duty; to serve the many and to protect the freedom of the many, some of them paying the greatest sacrifice. It intrigues me, those who join the military with serious interests in those values... they are heroes. I guess what I'm getting at here is, if the time ever comes where your country needs you, where the people need a hero, would you stand up and fight? I know we would all say that we would, but who would really be willing to make the greatest sacrifice for people who you don't even know? People who you would probably never meet? I'm not saying that I would, I'm just thinking out loud. I'm not ruling it out either though, it's impossible to really say until something like that happens, and if it does I think it really depends on if you really are comfortable with who you are and what you stand for. I guess that applies to everything though doesn't it, and I guess that we all have thought that at some point, one way or another

Today's post is...shorter. The fact is, my mind is in such a mess right now I don't know what to think. I have what you call, writers block right now. I want to say so much and I think I have a lot of great ideas but I can't translate those thoughts into words... you know what I mean? Maybe I will just translate it into song sometime, music speaks volumes, works speak paragraphs.

The song of the day is by Coldplay, the song is called Lost off their album Viva la Vida. Great album, and I think an under appreciated song. Here it is, I hope people actually listen to these

...What is this? A second song of the day? Yuppers, here she is. It's by the Foo Fighters, off their album Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace and the song is called Statues.
Two gems right here, posted for you the faithful viewer :)

Sorry the post was a little bit short again, I hope to conquer this barrier I can't even identify soon enough.

Remember, compliments help cheer people up and can make someones day. So give them as a gift whenever necessary :)

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment