Tuesday 27 March 2012

Poetry in Motion

Hey, welcome back.

Today, I'm going to be talking about music. Yea I know, music again; this time it's slightly different though. Music that paints a picture.

Have you ever listened to music, maybe before you go to sleep like I do, and your eyes are closed... and depending on the song you picture certain settings, images, colours, even certain people in your life? I might be crazy, actually that's probably more likely than a lot of things I say on this blog. but It happens to me.... every song I listen to (the music i prefer anyways, play Friday by Rebecca Black and I will get migraines) does this to me.
 Especially during moments when you are simply thinking for no real reason... you know what I'm talking about? Those moments where you just lay down, eyes closed or unfocused, completely unaware of your surroundings, just thinking about everything and anything... for me this happens for hours on end, something I'm not proud of... it keeps my self-esteem caged in, unable to flourish. I look out my window on weekends if it is a clear night, until like 3 am some nights... not even looking at anything in particular just looking at the night sky that has been shrouded by the city lights... seeing the few stars that can still shine so bright... actually most of those stars are probably dead already. We are seeing those stars as they were tens of thousands of years ago, since space is so vast it takes that much time for light to travel and reach us. There is a good chance that they are dead... anyways back on topic. I just look, and think, about life, about my past, my friends, my family, those who I have lost along the way. Those I live for, those I would die for, those who make an impact on me even with the simplest gesture or a simple conversation. I think about my future, where I'm going, what I'm doing, who I have to leave behind, who I will miss, those I won't miss.. everything, really everything.
When this is happening, I either have complete silence or I have music playing... this is when the pictures start to form, when the scenes, the images, the colours start to come in on their own without me even knowing about it. The music paints these scenes for me, and depending on the song they vary in scope and scale drastically. For example, when I listen to In the End by Linkin Park, I picture a desert, with a small source of water slowly drying up and there is nothing it can do to escape the brutality. Or maybe a song you might be more familiar with, Everlong by the Foo Fighters... When I listen to that song I picture a distant star, a distant planet, a distant sun, a distant moon. I could go on for thousands of words about what other songs make me picture... one more actually. Colours, some songs are associated with colour in my mind. Some songs make me picture darkness, the colour black, a midnight blue colour. Others make me picture white, blinding light. Others are yellow. Others are blue...
Anyways, what I am trying to get at here is just a thought of mine. Music is just poetry in motion. I think that it is astounding how music can bring together certain senses. Hearing, Vision, some songs even have a "rough" feel or a smooth flowing feel.. my music does this for me. Every song is a unique experience, not only in sound but in sight and in feel. It's incredible... I can only hope that the music you listen to does this for you. If you can't tell music is my life and that may be the reason why it's so connected to me and my senses... maybe this is more common than I think though and I am just a bumbling idiot... always a possibility.

That was today's idea... I think I am starting to overcome this writers block that I have recently contracted. Maybe the writers block was a sign to stop the blog... that it's over... that the well is all dried up... the snow has melted and with it my drive. Shit... I guess I will let you all know whats going on with it. For now, enjoy some posts. I have ideas and I'm not going to stop the blog until all of my ideas are done... maybe time is running out... the first breathe in and the clock started ticking.

Song of the day is by Shinedown off their brand new album Amaryllis , also the song name.
Fantastic album and a great song, Highly recommend that you listen to it. I'm also posting Bully by Shinedown also off Amaryllis, another great song.
That is it for today... I hope it made sense.
Thanks for reading. The number of people reading this has dropped dramatically, maybe another sign to stop it. I don't know, there is a lot of irons in the fire so to speak, I need to wait and work things out. Maybe freshen up the look? Yeah, Ill do that right now actually. New background for now, maybe a new layout... maybe some songs that I have played myself... footage is crap but I guess we will let the viewer decide. Soon... Soon

Thank you for your time once again,

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment