Saturday 3 March 2012

Stitched in this skin

Hey

Have you ever felt like you are stuck in your skin? Like you don't belong in the body you are in? Like somehow, you ended up in the wrong place? Like you are limited to what everyone see's you to be? Like you can't break free? Like your stitched in your own skin?
I feel like we are all stuck in our own skin, for better or for worse. Not literally, that's just obvious. But the concept of being stuck in a foreign body, feeling like you are on the outside looking in... it's intriguing.

In most cases, Like sticks with Like. Think about it... every group is usually very similar, and has similar and contrasting values that work perfectly together. Or in a more literal approach... have you ever seen an unattractive popular kid? Unattractive sticks with non-popular, while Attractive sticks with popular. It's a dreary way of looking at it, but it makes sense for the most part. Of course, there is always the anomaly. So in a way our skin, as in what other people see of us, really sets limits on what is possible. Unattractive movie star? Almost never. I am a strong believer in thinking that anything is possible, but looking at this concept my thoughts on this are starting to change.
Another example. Think of a presentation. One person could have less information and value in their presentation, but the actual presenting of the presentation is really good. Then another person could have more information, more value, but presented worse. Presentation is everything. Ever heard of dress for success? Yeah... that's exactly what I am talking about.

So in a way, we are all set and doomed with our fate from the start. We are all stitched in our skin. Sometimes, I do things just because I want to do something that goes against what other people would think I would do. Something out of the ordinary. I want to break out of this fucking skin. Its bringing me down. People look at me, and they don't see who I really am, And because of this I don't act like who I really am, because I am trying to act to impress or to try to act like who I am, but instead of just being myself, I act myself. It's demeaning to everyone. Everyone deserves to be themselves, and everyone deserves to experience everyone else being their true self. But that just won't happen, not now, not today. Probably never will... such is the curse of humanity. Trying to impress, when what will really impress is not trying to impress but just being you.

Another point... here in Canada we are extremely privileged; United States too. I don't want to feel fucking privileged. I want to earn my privilege, I want to experience life to the fullest, not the way it is now. Not having everything put in front of my fucking face. I want to earn it. When a blackout happens (K.W kids know), society comes to a standstill. What will I do? Well the T.V won't work, the computer won't work, the internet won't work, so what I can do is go on my phone and use all of that which im missing. I don't know about everyone else, but I miss the simplicity of things... I want to go outside and play a sport, I want to skate on the pond in my backyard, I want to play around with my dog, I want to play guitar and learn new songs. We all know that's not going to happen though. During most blackouts, I spent most of my time on my phone, using the internet and social networks. Actually recently I used the bow-flex and finished my workout goal for the week, which I am pretty stoked about. But in general, I miss simplistic things. Maybe you know what I mean. Maybe you don't.

Well that is it for now. I hope you enjoyed my improved grammar from this blog and I think the last as well. What I am trying to do is slowly make this blog more professional, in my terms that is. Grammar being one of them.
And I hope you enjoyed this blog as well, It was more focused on just one thing. Another thing I want to work on. Please give me some feedback, as I take every bit of it and try to work it into my next post.

Song of the day: Lead Sails (And a Paper Anchor) by Atreyu
I'm starting to get into this band, I really like their style. I hope you do too.
Atreyu: Lead Sails (And a Paper Anchor) off their album Lead Sails and Paper Anchor
Whoa look what I did!!!
edit: Doing this for every song I have posted... this is going to take a while, but look back at previous posts to hear some of these songs if you wish. I might re-post some songs because of this.

Soon there will be something different for song of the day. I hope you will enjoy it, never done something like this before. I've already spent hours on it, recording. Maybe it will pay off, maybe

Maybe some day this will all pay off....
Some day
Some day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment