Thursday 8 March 2012

Beating Hearts Grow but Never Die

Hey, hows it going? :)

So for today's blog I am going to briefly talk about this whole KONY thing, I'm sure you know about it but on this blog you can read my opinion and take on this situation. Also going to talk about something pretty cool in my opinion, Mass Effect 3. Going to also talk about Halo 4, and Halo in general. After all of my nerdy video game talk, I will conclude with something more general that has been bugging me for the past couple of months. I am talking about something that might have been in a previous post but hasn't flown away completely from my mind yet; that being

So, KONY 2012. You have probably heard about it, maybe even watched the video. I think it's inspiring, but I have heard many opinions from both sides of the argument, one being it is real and the other being it is a scam. Personally, I think it's real. Why? Well it looks like a tremendous amount of work for a lie right? Plus even if the exact situation is not real, I still support it because it's not like Kony is the only person doing this around the world. There is plenty of injustice, especially with things like recruiting children into an army or just child labour in general, and everyone knows how fast this has spread. To me, it's a good indicator of what kind of power the internet has, think about it. Almost everyone in 1st world countries, industrialized nations in particular, know about this now. It has gained worldwide steam. Ask any middle class North American, higher class, even some lower class, and they will know exactly what you are talking about. And it all started with this you tube video and this internet movement. That's just insane! The fact that this many people have taken notice and are caring and taking action about this, on the internet, shows exceptional potential in my eyes. Sure, you might now be able to prove that it is real or fake, but what we can all get out of this is that the internet has power, and that we can choose to use this power for good. I mean, why not right? Whether you support KONY 2012 or are tired hearing about it, I think we all stumbled upon something magnificent. I do support KONY 2012 though, and yes I will be out April 20th putting up posters. Because even if there is a slim chance of this whole thing being 100% true and honest, we should all support it.
Then there is the government approach to all of this. I have heard numerous times from many different people that they think this is a government scheme to get full control over Uganda. There is facts for this, and probably some truth in the government wanting control, but to me I cant see this being real. In the video, they clearly bash on the government, why would the government false advertise themselves? Reverse psychology perhaps? Possible, but to me I can't see it being real. It's funny because I just watched a segment on T.V (CNN) about this, as I am typing. The NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION Invisible Children stated that they did manipulate some statistics, but they did it in order to make it easier to understand and watch. Also, they do admit that the Ugandan military is also very cruel, and that they also have done some cruel things. They also admitted that Joseph Kony's LRA has slowed in recent months, but in large it is due to their work. Now I know you can't believe everything that you see on T.V or the internet, but I can't see this being all a scam or phony at all. My opinion of course, everyone is entitled to theirs.

O-K. Video Game time! I don't think I have talked about games in my blog before, and if I have it was brief. "Brevity is the soul of wit" - Polonius (Hamlet). Haha love that quote, that play in general was just awesome. It kind of goes against this blog in a sense, the posts always turn out being much too long. But no matter, I have a lot to say, and therefore the blog posts are usually long. Something I will work on for sure, maybe more frequent updates but shorter posts? Ah, way off topic. MC gets side tracked easily.
Mass Effect 3. What a series Mass Effect turned out to be. Every decision in every game makes a huge impact on the direction of the game and story, and each games major decisions are imported into the next game, and then the major decisions from the first game and the second game are imported into the third game... Imagine all of the different possibilities? To me, that's one of the best parts about Mass Effect; you actually feel like you have crafted the game yourself... something special imo. Also, to me and many other gamers out there, Mass Effect feels like today's generation of Star Wars. The depth and soul in the Mass Effect universe is gargantuan... ridiculous... amazing. And it holds a special place in my teenage years for sure.
Halo 4... everyone has probably heard of Halo. Me and my friends grew up with Halo, and seeing Halo 4 for us is a dream come true. We love Master Chief and Cortana, and I really hope that the Arbiter is in there as well, hes my favourite character hands down ever since Halo 2 when they introduced him. Halo 4 they are going in depth to the character of the Chief, and it's also a different development studio as well. It will be interesting to see where it ends up
Ok, Video Game talk is done. Different I know, I might do more of it in future blogs.

Lastly, I am going to talk about Poetry 
Poetry: I think that poetry is one of the best forms of expression, next to music and art(photos and videos included). I cant rank all 3 in a position, because to me it depends on the situation. But Poetry is unique, in the sense that you are trying to say something in a way that... hmm... this is the beauty of Poetry, I cant even explain it 3/4 of the time. And when I write it I don't know why, how, or what I am doing. It just kind of happens, and to me that is the best thing. Me and Poetry have been good friends since about grade 7. I may not be the best poet, or even a good one at that, but it brings peace in me. When im done writing a poem that I am satisfied with, I feel pure.... like all the care in the world is gone, and... I just achieve harmony. It's only for a short period of time of course, but that makes it all worth it. Poetry is just the experience of trying to find the right words and phrases to describe those feelings that you just can't explain. It's trying to strum the heart strings, and make music. It's the thoughts that breathe, and the words that scream. It's a painting that attempts to speak. To me, this is all awesome. Which is why I am doing that acoustic poetry thing at school tomorrow, to try and speak. If you don't try, you can't succeed. I guess we all thought that, one way or another.

I am done. I hope you enjoyed it :)
Song of the day is going to be by, you guessed it, Linkin Park. Can't get enough of this band. Here it is.
Linkin Park: "When They Come for Me" off their album A Thousand Suns
Everyone have a great day! Changes coming soon to this monster.
Ciao

1 comment:

  1. http://www.cosmicchannelings.com/blog/how-to-make-philosophers-stone-alchemy

    can you beli3ve?

    ReplyDelete