Tuesday 4 October 2011

Fucking Kids these days


Welcome. Welcome. glad people are still reading my blog :) the people who are, your awesome. the people who aren't, your pretty cool too. anyways, im feeling a bit better compared to the last two days, though im extremely tired because i can't sleep. whether it's nightmares, me waking up because im throwing up, or just because i have to blow my nose every 5 seconds at night, im not getting nearly enough sleep. im hoping this is going to change tonight, though if need be i have a first period spare so i can take an extra hour or so to sleep in, which is incredible!

todays topic, is just going to be me asking you guys what you think of music. now to me, music is something that can always relate to my emotions. even if its a song like "Turn your Back" by Billy Talent (I will link, not song of the day!) or "This I Love" by Guns and Roses (will link, not song of the day!) which have two completely different moods, tones, and lyrics, they both can seem to get me out of a slump, or just simply understand me you know? music is always there for someone, in bad times and in good times. and to me, its the ultimate form of expression and pure, raw emotion... which is a problem with many modern artists (mainly hip-hop rap kinda stuff, or Justin Beiber, or some autotuned punk) because music at its core is an expression of true emotions and energy... while these artists(whom i am not ridiculing dont get me wrong, i have respect for every one of these artists and any like them, and i respect and understand if people do like them) have seemed to stray away from that ultimate purpose.

One album, A Thousand Suns by Linkin Park( im not going to link the entire album, just an info link, as a song from that album may well be a song of the day one day) is absolutely dripping with emotion, with each song having such emotion and raw energy and lyrics put into them. i highly recommend this album, because to me anyways, this is what music is about. Linkin Park ripped their band apart, and tried something new. and the product which is A Thousand Suns is (to me anyways) something the music industry today should try and learn from. DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO! TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT! who gives a flying fuck if people ridicule it? as long as you put forth all of your effort and truly made the album the best it could be, and as unique and raw and emotional and meaningful as possible, with energy in each song represented even in slower songs... you did your job as an "ARTIST"! i think that term is being stretched every day now.
anyways, what does music mean and represent to you? what do you think of modern artists? what do you think music should represent? i want people to think about those questions.

now back to the original question somewhat. i was going to mention that every person has "their" band or artist if you know what i mean. that one band or artist that is your favorite, that their music is always there for you and you truly have a deep and meaningful connection with their music. I believe that that concept is being ripped apart at the seams these days, as people will listen to only certain songs by an artist, and then they will just move on to another... when compared to say the 80's, 90's. fuck, even early 2000's when people were passionate about their bands. im not saying that everyone is this way, because i know im not, and i know many of my friends arent either, but im saying generally with the mainstream music anyways. no one is like my favourite rapper is Jay Z anymore... hes old news. now its all Kanye West or something i dont even know. to me thats wrong. me and my friends? we STILL listen to the golden age of music, like Zeppelin, KISS, Metallica and many more. and their fan bases are much stronger and more concrete than any modern artists fan base. they have sticked with this band for decades now... DECADES! while kids these days stick with a song from an artist for a month or so, then move on. doesn't that sound... a bit fake to you? like they are just going with what everyone else likes? if they truly liked that artist, they would have sticked with them.
 
 I want to ask people, what is "your" band or artist? for me, it is Linkin Park. Ive been listening to them since they debuted their first album Hybrid Theory, and ive been with them every step of the way since. their music is always welcoming, it always understands me, and it is always raw, pure, and unique to the band. in my mind, i don't see any other artist ever topping them for me.

ok so now that my little rant is over, im going to post the links as i said i would above, and im going to reveal my song of the day, which comes from the band Bullet for my Valentine, off their debut album The Poison. First off, i would like to say that I really like this band, they are huge (like really popular) over in Europe, and i want them to get some recognition over here in North America. I really like their sound, and i think you good people will as well :) I highly recommend buying any of their 3 Albums, especially The Poison, their best in my opinion. anyways, here's one of the lighter songs off Bullet For my Valentine's -The Poison. Its called "All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me). fantastic song, and brilliant band .

Bullet For My Valentine "All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me) off their debut album The Poison



Here is the Link to Billy Talents "Turn Your Back" off their third album, Billy Talent III.



Lastly, Here's a Link to Guns and Roses "This I Love" off Chinese Democracy


 3 songs today, wow :) well thats all for now, time to sleep im going to pass out
thank you all once again, and remember to compliment someone! make their day!
So Long, Farewell

No comments:

Post a Comment